The Angel Tree Program
We are very happy to announce that the John Tyler Community College family will once again be working with the Salvation Army on the Angel Tree program. For the tenth year in a row, the generosity of John Tyler Community College’s faculty, staff and students will help children in our community enjoy this holiday season. We invite everyone to join the College and take part in this very worthwhile and rewarding endeavor.
Adopting an Angel
Over eighty angels, each one representing a child, will be hanging on John Tyler Community College's two Angel Trees, waiting to be adopted by faculty, staff and students. The trees are located in Goyne Hall at the Chester Campus and on the first floor of the Administration Building at the Midlothian Campus.
How to Adopt
Anyone at the College may adopt an angel. In many cases, offices, classes and clubs team up to buy gifts for a child. The steps are simple.
- Select your angel(s).
- Add your name and contact information to the Angel Sign-Out Sheet (located next to each tree).
- Purchase new gifts. Please do not purchase gift cards.
- Remove price tags. Tags showing sizes may be left in place
- Do not wrap the gifts.
- Place all of your angel's gifts in a bag with your angel's tag (or a photocopy of the tag), and label the outside of the bag with your child's code. Do not include gift receipts.
- Return your gifts by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 4 to College Relations, room E124, at Midlothian or to Goyne Hall, room A102c, at Chester. Important: Gifts for angels adopted at John Tyler Community College must be returned to the College.
If you do not have time to shop for an angel but would like to contribute, cash donations are also being collected in E124 at Midlothian and A102c at Chester. The money will be used to buy gifts for angels that are not adopted or returned. (Please note: We can only accept cash, not checks, and we cannot offer receipts.)
How to Volunteer
Information on JTCC group volunteer days at the Angel Tree distribution centers in Petersburg and Richmond is coming soon.
If you have questions about adopting an angel, please contact Lisa Kendrick (Midlothian) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-594-1527 or Laurie Brown (Chester) at email@example.com or 804-706-5015. If you have questions about volunteering for Angel Tree, please contact Lisa Kendrick.
Visit the Salvation Army web site at http://virginiasalvationarmy.org/richmondva/.
Information Maintained by:
Lisa Kendrick, Public Relations and Events Specialist