LiveSafe Mobile App
LiveSafe is a personal safety mobile app that John Tyler Community College is providing to all students, faculty, and staff to download for free. The app provides a quick, convenient, and discreet way to communicate directly with John Tyler Community College safety officials, enhancing your overall safety.
The LiveSafe app puts a number of important safety and security features at your fingertips.
Report Tips: “Report Tips” allows you to send text, picture, video, and audio directly to John Tyler Community College Security in real-time, and anonymously if you prefer. You can share information about any safety incidents or concerns, such as suspicious activity, theft, harassment, and more. You can also engage in a live chat with a college security official. For guidance on how to use this feature, download the Reporting Tips “How To” Card.
Emergency Options: By calling 911, calling John Tyler Community College Security, or Messaging John Tyler Community College Security from the “Emergency Options” screen, you will initiate location tracking, allowing safety officials to see where you are and respond to you more quickly in an emergency situation. You can easily stop location tracking at any time after the call is placed.
SafeWalk: Get from place to place safely by using SafeWalk to invite your contacts to “virtually escort” you, allowing them to follow your location on a map as they chat with you. You can request to virtually escort others as well.
Resources: Access important safety information such as emergency procedures, resources, sexual assault assistance resources, and more.
How to Get Started with the LiveSafe App
- Download “LiveSafe” from the or
- Enable location services when prompted, so that when you use the app, JTCC Security personnel can quickly locate you. You will not be actively tracked and can stop location tracking (when used during emergencies) any time you want.
- Sign up using your mobile phone number.
- Create a password and fill in your name.
- Search for “John Tyler Community College” to connect with the college-specific app.
- Add your email to your profile (Left Menu > Settings > Profile).