All Developmental Math courses are offered as Math Essentials (MTE) – a course structure that allows you to test out of material you already know. Course material is divided into nine separate units, referred to as Modules.
Free tutoring in all math subjects is available on a walk-in basis at the Math Center located on each campus.
Learn more about Developmental Math:
- PDF of MTE courses available in Spring 2017
- Program-placed students - What Modules has the student satisfied?
- Prepare To Take the Math VPT
- JTCC Developmental Math web site
- VPT Practice Questions and Answers – Remember that calculators are not allowed for Module 1. Graphing calculators are not allowed for any part of the test.
- A student who needs to repeat a particular module for the third (or subsequent) time may do so ONLY with administrative approval. The student must complete and submit the Request to Repeat a BSK or MTE Course form.
Open Testing Day ........... Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - Midlothian T204
There will be ***one*** Open Testing Day for JTCC students who need to complete Developmental Math Modules as prerequisites for college-level math courses. Open Testing Day gives JTCC students the opportunity to take a mastery test on a specific Module without being enrolled in an MTE course. Successful completion of a mastery test will award the student credit for that Module, thus reducing the number of required Developmental Math credits. (Note: Successful completion of a mastery test on Open Testing Day will have no effect on a student’s grade in a current or future MTE course.)
IMPORTANT: You are not eligible to register for Open Testing Day if you have never taken an MTT/MTE course. You then have two options: (1) Enroll in the appropriate MTE course, or (2) Retake the Virginia Placement Test.
You must bring a picture ID with you to the test. Also, if you have a Letter of Accommodation, you must bring it with you to the test.
You must enter your myTyler username and password to register for Open Testing Day.