Starting Fall 2014, all Developmental Math courses are offered as Math Essentials (MTE) – a course structure that allows you to test out of material you already know. Course material is divided into nine separate units, referred to as Modules, and students can work in Math Labs on campus to complete their work.
Math Lab Locations and Hours
You must arrive 90 minutes before closing to take a PreTest or PostTest, and you must bring a picture ID.
***THE MATH LABS WILL BE CLOSED FRIDAY, JULY 3,***
***IN OBSERVANCE OF THE FOURTH OF JULY HOLIDAY.***
JUNE 15 - JULY 10
Monday: 9am - 1pm and 6 - 8pm
Monday: 9am - 8pm
Open Testing Days ........... To be announced
There will be Open Testing Days for JTCC students who need to complete Developmental Math Modules as prerequisites for college-level math courses. Open Testing Days give JTCC students the opportunity to take a mastery test on a specific Module without being enrolled in an MTE course. Successful completion of a mastery test will award the student credit for that Module, thus reducing the number of required Developmental Math credits. (Note: Successful completion of a mastery test during Open Testing Days will have no effect on a student’s grade in a current or future MTE course.)
You must enter your myTyler username and password to register for Open Testing Days.
Learn more about Developmental Math:
- Developmental Math Fall 2014 - ppt or video. Note: The link to the MTE Schedule pdf opens the one for Fall 2014. To view the MTE Schedule pdf for Summer or Fall 2015, please see your advisor or visit the Math Lab.
- How to register for your MTE course by session (First, watch "Developmental Math Fall 2014" ppt.)
- If a student takes the VPT and is program placed, determine which Modules the student has satisfied.
- BSK: Basic Skills (Module 0) Options for Students
- Master Developmental Math Faster flyer
- Prepare To Take the Math VPT
- JTCC Math Lab web site
- VPT Practice Questions and Answers – Remember that calculators are not allowed for Module 1. Graphing calculators are not allowed for any part of the test.
Information Maintained by:
Carol Estes, Math Lab Coordinator