Virginia Two-Year Transfer Grant
Tyler graduates can receive up to $3,000 annually through the Virginia Two-Year College Transfer Grant.
Eligible students must:
- Have earned an associate degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Transfer to a participating four-year from Tyler or another Virginia community college
- Meet certain financial aid criteria such as Virginia residency, estimated family contribution below $12,000 and submitted FAFSA
- Be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student
- Maximum standard annual award is $1,000.
- Students enrolled into a degree program in engineering, mathematics, nursing, teaching, or science qualify for an additional $1,000.
- Students enrolled at Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, Radford University, the University of Virginia at Wise, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia State University may qualify for an additional $1,000.
John Tyler Community College e-mails eligible students complete instructions for applying for the grant.
All potential grant recipients must:
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA (www.fafsa.ed.gov) by the four-year institution’s deadline.
- Notify the financial aid office at their chosen four-year institution of their potential eligibility.
- Submit a final academic transcript to their four-year institution as soon as their associate degree is posted.
We recommend completing the Two-Year College Transfer Grant Application to ensure all the necessary steps are taken.
Learn more about the Transfer Grant on SCHEV’s Two-Year College Transfer web page.