Transfer Credit Policies
John Tyler Community College accepts transfer credits based on these policies:
- Generally, credit will be given for courses in which a grade of “C” or better was received and which are equivalent to courses in the curriculum at the College.
- Courses in the areas of natural sciences, mathematics, accounting, administrative support technology, advertising and marketing that were completed more than ten years ago are not awarded transfer credit. Division dean(s) who are responsible for students’ curricula may make exceptions to these restrictions.
- Courses in the areas of information technology and computer science that were completed more than five years ago are not awarded transfer credit. Division dean(s) who are responsible for students’ curricula may make exceptions to these restrictions.
- Generally, transfer credits are awarded only if the credits have been earned at an institution which is accredited by one of the six nationally recognized regional accrediting agencies in the United States.
- John Tyler Community College also normally awards transfer credits for courses completed at accredited foreign institutions with an official evaluation from a third party approved to provide interpretation. We strongly recommend that students transferring from foreign institutions contact the Office of Admissions and Records at either the Chester Campus or the Midlothian Campus or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information before pursing evaluation.
For more information:
Admissions and Records Office