Are you now the proud owner of an electronic reader? Are you looking for a source of free books to download to your reader? Look no further than the John Tyler Community College Library website! To make your downloading experience even easier I created this “recipe” for adding books to my Barnes and Noble Nook. See if it will work for you.
- Starting at the John Tyler Community College Library website I found the green bar that says “Find Articles.”
- I clicked the green bar then clicked “databases.”
- Under “Frequently Used Databases” I found EBSCOhost, clicked that and I was prompted to enter my MyTyler log-in information.
- Then I browsed until I found something I liked. There are 20 categories.
- Next I created an account giving myself a user name and password.
- I clicked “Download This Ebook.” I can choose how long I want to “keep” it—up to 7 days.
- Now here is a tricky part. I have Adobe Digital Editions installed on my home computer because I frequently check out ebooks from the public library. You can get it too from this link. You will have to register.
- Once you have Adobe Digital Editions installed your ebook will download to it.
- On Adobe Digital Editions I clicked the “library view.”
- Then I connected my Nook. When I saw the Nook listed in the left column I could drag and drop the book I checked out to it.
- And now I am enjoying My Life With Charlie Brown!
Image from Electricpig.co.uk.