If you attended a library instruction session no doubt you were introduced to the database Academic Search Complete. That is because Academic Search Complete covers such a huge range of research needs. From political science to philosophy, dermatology to diabetes, geography to giant squids Academic Search Complete (ASC) usually has you covered. However, ASC is not the only game in town research-wise. There are other resources for your papers and presentations that present information in highly readable, easily searchable formats that even include tools for citations. Here are some resources you might want to try:
- Opposing Viewpoints (a personal favorite) Combines magazine, newspaper, reference articles, academic journals and other sources. Don’t forget to check out the “Browse Issues” tab for help in choosing a research topic.
- Science In Context The sister site to Opposing Viewpoints. Like OP, Science in Context combines different sources—great not only for locating a scholarly source but also for general information.
- CAMIO New this year, CAMIO–Catalog of Art Museum Images Online—has thousands of images from famous art museums throughout the world. Searchable by artist, creation, museum, time period, type of art and more! Includes background information on many of the works.
- CQ Researcher Even at 90 years old, CQ Researcher is still going strong providing “in-depth reports on today’s issues.” Great for argumentative or position papers!
- Your friendly librarian: always ready to point you to the resources you need.