Do you have a paper assigned and no clue how to go about researching your topic? Do you want to experiment with tablets, apps or Prezi? Or maybe you want to find a good book for some fun reading. We have a workshop for that. Join us at either the Chester or Midlothian library lab for an informative session that will get your semester off to a great start.
- All Apps Considered:
Wednesday, 9/11 @ 3:30p.m.
- Citation Frustration! Citing Sources Made Easy:
Thursday, 9/12 @ 5:15p.m.
Wednesday, 9/25 @ 2p.m.
- What the heck are Library Databases & Why I should care?:
Monday, 9/16 @ 1:30p.m.
- Beyond PowerPoint: Prezi Tutorial:
Friday, 9/20 @ 10a.m.
- Making Google Work for You:
Thursday, 9/26 @ 5:15p.m.
- Ready, Set, Research: The 7 Steps of the Research Process:
Monday, 9/30 @ 12p.m.
- Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: Tips to Help You Evaluate Web Sources:
Tuesday, 10/8 @ 3:00p.m.
- Behind the Screens: A Closer Look at Media Content:
Friday, 10/11 @ 11:00a.m.
- Is This Any Good? Evaluating Web Resources
Tuesday, 9/17 @ 11a.m.
- Did I Say That? Avoiding Plagiarism
Wednesday, 9/18 @ 10a.m.
- TylerTips: Research Like the Pros
Thursday, 9/19 @ 6:30p.m.
- Books You Can’t Put Down: Fun with Popular Reading
Monday, 9/30 @ 6:30p.m.
- Who Said That? The Basics of APA and MLA Citation and Style
Tuesday, 9/24 @ 5:15p.m.
- Find Library Resources in a Flash with QuickSearch
Wednesday, 10/2 @ 1p.m.
- All About Apps
Friday, 9/27 @ 11a.m.
- Tablets 101: Learning at Your Fingertips
Monday, 9/30 @ 11a.m.