Thursday, January 5th, 2012...11:07 am
New Year’s Resolutions – Part 1
January: the beginning of both the calendar year and a new semester –a good time for reflecting on the past and setting new goals. If you are like many people, New Year’s is the time for making resolutions to improve the quality of your life. Do your resolutions include any of these goals?
- Get fit
- Lose weight
- Improve finances
- Reduce stress
According to USA.gov these are among the most popular resolutions made. The library has resources to help you meet your objectives. If this is the year for you to make some changes in the way you look and feel these books can help:
- Complete Guide to Fitness & Health / Barbara Bushman, editor
- Fitness for Dummies / Suzanne Schlosberg and Liz Neporent
- Fitness Illustrated / Brian Sharkey
- Nourish : Delicious Goodness for Every Stage of Life / Jane Clarke ; photography by Howard Sooley
- WeightWatchers New Complete Cookbook
- Why We Get Fat and What to do About It / Gary Taubes
- 1001 Low-carb Recipes: Hundreds of Delicious Recipes from Dinner to Dessert that Let You Live your Low-carb lifestyle and Never Look Back / Dana Carpender
Tomorrow: Improving finances and reducing stress.
Image from NBC33tv.com.