The Midlothian library is currently accepting applications for Student Assistants for the 2017 summer and fall semesters. To complete an application, please visit the Midlothian campus library (Hamel Hall, H202). The library is looking to fill the following hours (based on availability):
- Weekday mornings and evenings
- Friday afternoons
- Saturdays (alternating)
Eligible applicants must be enrolled at John Tyler Community College. Please include a copy of your class schedule when applying.
Student Assistants are responsible for the following:
- Working at the Information desk with a library staff member; checking books in and out; sensitize & desensitize books.
- Enter patron ID information in library circulation database; answer general questions.
- Removing materials from the book drops.
- Shelving books, magazines and newspapers (some lifting and bending).
- Straightening magazines and placing back issues in order.
- Straightening books while shelving (stacks must look neat at all times).
- Helping patrons with the pay-to-print system.
- Restock printing paper in supply cabinet and fill printers with paper.
- Shelf Reading on Saturdays and during slow periods.
Please contact the Midlothian library for questions! 804-594-1519 or firstname.lastname@example.org