Though humorous, the idea has real application in the study of literature. Sometimes there is so much talking you cannot figure out what is going on! Thinking of a book in the framework of Facebook can help you to analyze and understand it.
- Break down the plot into distinct events (status updates.)
- Outline relationships of main characters (friend/unfriend)
- Bonus: see how literary your OWN Facebook drama is!
See what famous works of literature look like if told through the famous social networking site.
- Elizabeth Darcy wants to be your friend…Pride and Prejudice told in status updates
- Hamlet: The Facebook Newsfeed
QUIZ: What work of literature would you like to see given the Facebook treatment? Leave a title in the comments section and receive a free bookmark!