Thursday, October 7th, 2010...8:00 am
Rosencrantz, Guildenstern and Hamlet are now friends…on Facebook?
Though humorous, the idea has real application in the study of literature. Sometimes there is so much talking you cannot figure out what is going on! Thinking of a book in the framework of Facebook can help you to analyze and understand it.
- Break down the plot into distinct events (status updates.)
- Outline relationships of main characters (friend/unfriend)
- Bonus: see how literary your OWN Facebook drama is!
See what famous works of literature look like if told through the famous social networking site.
- Elizabeth Darcy wants to be your friend…Pride and Prejudice told in status updates
- Hamlet: The Facebook Newsfeed
QUIZ: What work of literature would you like to see given the Facebook treatment? Leave a title in the comments section and receive a free bookmark!