Monday, December 6th, 2010...3:48 pm
SmartHistory is an open source, web-based textbook created by two art historians. Study art in a modern way with video, commentary and interactive content. SmartHistory.org won a Webby for Best Education Website in 2009.
- Watch videos of two scholars analyzing work while viewing it in person. (The Starry Night video includes discussion about how difficult it is to see such a popular painting in a crowded museum!)
- View eras and commentary organized both stylistically and chronologically with both text and images.
- Explore artist singly or within larger context.
- Upload your own photos, content and ideas.
- Create your own videos and content with best practice guidelines.
Love print? Both campus libraries have a good collection of art books to check out. Search the catalog for a general art title, a period or an artist. Or come in to the library and browse…call numbers for the the art section start with the letter N.