Feeling bombarded by food advice? Looking to improve your diet? Confused about what makes a healthy diet? Not sure where to turn or who to trust for nutritional guidance? The John Tyler Community College libraries have –er, cooked up something for you. Whether you need help with dietary restrictions due to diabetes, gluten intolerance, or food allergies or you just want to improve your life through diet here are some books you can tuck into.
For diabetes control:
- The blood sugar solution cookbook: more than 175 ultra-tasty recipes for total health and weight loss
- The everything guide to managing and reversing pre-diabetes : your complete guide to treating pre-diabetes symptoms
- Betty Crocker diabetes cookbook [electronic resource] : great-tasting, easy recipes for every day
For gluten-free cooking:
- The everything guide to living gluten-free: the ultimate cooking, diet, and lifestyle guide for gluten-free families!
- The South Beach diet gluten solution: the delicious, doctor-designed, gluten-aware plan for losing weight and feeling great–fast!
- Gluten-Free Girl Every Day [electronic resource]
For allergy sufferers:
- The ultimate allergy-free snack cookbook : over 100 kid-friendly recipes for the allergic child
- Food allergies : a complete guide for eating when your life depends on it
For eating to improve how you look and feel:
- Clean cuisine: an 8-week anti-inflammatory nutrition program that will change the way you age, look, & feel
- 4 Weeks 2 a Higher Food IQ [electronic resource]
- Anti-inflammation diet for dummies