Network Support CSC
Career Studies Certificate (CSC)
C Career & technical education programs for job training = Career & technical education programs for job training, guided by Advisory Committees
Prepare students for entry level positions in computer networking.
Program Requirements and Special Conditions
Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
|Required Courses||CR.||Pre-requisite Courses||Approved Course Substitutions|
|ITE 115 Introduction to Computer Applications and Concepts||3||See Note 1|
|ITE 215 Advanced Computer Applications and Integration||3||ITE 115|
|ITN 101 Introduction to Network Concepts||3|
|ITN 111 Server Administration Windows 2012 Offered Fall Only||3||Co or Pre: ITN 101|
|ITN 171 UNIX I Offered Spring Only||3||Co or Pre: ITN 101|
|ITN 245 Network Troubleshooting Offered Fall Only||3||ITN 101|
|ITN 260 Network Security Basics||3||Co or Pre: ITN 101|
|ITE 221 PC Hardware and OS Architecture Offered Spring Only||3||ITE 115|
|ITE 290 Coordinated Internship Offered Spring Only||1||See Note 3|
|Total Minimum Credits to Complete||25|
- Students with good computer skills may seek to satisfy this requirement by CLEP or internal exam.
- All information technology courses must be completed within five years of student’s intended graduation date.
- ITE 290 represents a one-credit internship that will focus on student’s particular track. Students must have completed all coursework or be concurrently completing coursework in present semester for graduation with advisor’s approval.
- Students should regularly meet with their faculty advisor and check their advisement report in MyTyler – SIS.
- Courses noted as Fall only or Spring only are based on historical trends and current planning and may change without notice.
Your Right to Know
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia requires colleges to provide information on graduation rates. The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to publish gainful employment consumer information for career/technical programs.