Counseling and Student Success Centers
John Tyler has professional counselors to assist you with educational, career and life planning.
Counseling Center staff provide:
- Academic counseling
- Supplemental academic advising
- Disabilities support services
- Official process for declaring a major
- Coordination of recruitment activities
- Personal counseling and referrals
Career Services staff provide:
- Student job board and resume resources
- Career exploration, assessment and counseling
- MBTI Personality Assessment
- Strong Interest Inventory
- Cover letter and resume writing assistance/training
The Counseling and Student Success Services Centers offer plenty of online information, but staff is also available to assist students at the following times and locations:
Moyar Hall, Room M107
13101 Jefferson Davis Highway
Chester, Virginia 23831
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Administration Building, Room B116
800 Charter Colony Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23114
Monday – Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
You can also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.