Active Shooter/Gunman on Campus
If an active shooter is in your vicinity, quickly determine the most reasonable way to protect your life.
1. Evacuate the area if possible.
• Have an escape route and plan in mind before attempting to evacuate.
• Leave your belongings behind.
• Keep your hands visible.
2. If it is too dangerous to leave the area, hide.
• Do not remain in an open hallway or area.
• Hide in an area out of the shooter’s view.
• Block entry to your hiding place by barricading and/or locking the doors.
• Silence your cell phone and/or pager.
3. Take action as a last resort and only if your life is in imminent danger.
• Attempt to incapacitate the shooter.
• Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter.
Call 911 when it is safe to do so.
Please note, the previous information cannot cover every possible situation that might occur.
Security Services Contact Information
Desk locations: Moyar Hall – 1st floor (across from M101)
Nicholas Student Center – inside the main entrance
Desk locations: Administration Building – 1st floor atrium
Eliades Hall – 2nd floor (next to E215)
Hamel Hall – 1st floor (near H109)
JTCC Nursing Education Center
Desk location: inside main entrance
CCWA – Featherstone
804-897-6678 (Midlothian Security Services)
804-440-2447 (Featherstone – only use on nights and weekends when classes are being held)