The 2015 scholarship applications are now available:
John Tyler Community College Foundation scholarships are funded by the generous gifts of donors. The John Tyler Foundation is an equal-opportunity/affirmative action organization. The Foundation does not coordinate private scholarships, and all information contained on this page refers to John Tyler Foundation scholarships only.
- John Tyler International Studies Scholarship for summer study abroad is due March 15.
- John Tyler Foundation Scholarship application deadline has been extended to April 30.
For consistency in College publications, deadlines do not typically change from year to year. If a published deadline falls on a weekend, then the following Monday will serve as the deadline.
Minimum Qualifications for any John Tyler Foundation Scholarship
- Submit one complete scholarship application prior to the appropriate deadline.
- Possess a 2.5 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a certificate and/or degree program at John Tyler for the current academic year. Students must be officially enrolled in a certificate or degree program before scholarship funds will be disbursed. Not enrolled? Visit the Counseling Center on either campus.
- Have in-state tuition status.
- Have a completed, current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at John Tyler on or before the scholarship deadline. Please visit www.FAFSA.ed.gov for more information and an application.
All scholarship applicants – whether offered a scholarship or not – will be notified by mail by August 1 each year.
Scholarship Celebration Night
This fun-filled evening gives scholarship recipients the opportunity to meet the generous donors and individuals from the donating companies who support Foundation scholarships. The event is held in August each year, and the date will be added here as soon as it is available. Attendance at this event is mandatory for all scholarship recipients.