The John Tyler Community College Foundation offers 100+ scholarship opportunities for Tyler students. Some scholarships are general while others are for specific programs of study, for students who live in a particular locality, or for students who excel academically.
The JTCC Foundation scholarship application for the 2016-2017 academic year is now closed. Current applicants will be notified by August 1. Please return in January for news on the 2017-2018 application.
- Submit one complete scholarship application prior to the appropriate deadline.
- Possess a 2.5 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Be enrolled or planning to enroll in a certificate and/or degree program at John Tyler for the current academic year. Students must be officially enrolled in a certificate or degree program before scholarship funds will be disbursed. Not enrolled? Visit the Advising Center on either campus.
- Have in-state tuition status.
- Have a completed, current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file at John Tyler on or before the scholarship deadline. Please visit www.FAFSA.ed.gov for more information and an application.
- March 15: Deadline – All John Tyler International Studies Scholarship applications for summer study abroad.
- April 15: Deadline – All other John Tyler Foundation Scholarship applications.
- April 15: Notification – All John Tyler International Studies Scholarship applicants will be notified.
- August 1: Notification – All other John Tyler Foundation Scholarship applicants – whether offered a scholarship or not – will be notified.
* If a published deadline falls on a weekend, then the following Monday at 5:00 p.m. will serve as the deadline.
Mandatory scholar events
Scholarship recipients are requested to attend two events during the academic year to connect with each other and their donors:
- September 15, 2016: Scholarship Celebration Night at the Chester Campus
- 2017 Date TBD: Mid-year Checkpoint event at each campus