The safety and well-being of our students, employees and community are always a top priority for John Tyler Community College. The college has a Health and Safety Team in place that is closely monitoring and assessing reports and guidance provided by the Governor’s Office; the Virginia Community College System; the Virginia Department of Health; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and other federal and state agencies and accrediting commissions. Using this guidance, the team is works with departments throughout Tyler to organize the college’s ongoing response to this rapidly evolving situation.
Fall 2021 Semester
Most student services offices are providing on-campus and online assistance. Services and hours vary by office and location, so be sure to visit our Help Hub for current information. You can also connect to the Help Hub for technical support; financial aid and student account questions; and other assistance.
The college is offering an expanded selection of on-campus classes for the fall semester. The fall schedule also includes classes that are fully or partially remote.
For the safety of our college community:
Those who come to campus should follow the college’s safety protocols, which currently include wearing a mask while indoors on campus.
Please do not come to campus if you:
- Are ill, regardless of symptoms
- Have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results
- Have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
If you meet any of the above criteria:
- Students, including those enrolled in CCWA courses taught on Tyler's campuses, should contact the Dean of Students Office for guidance, and contact your instructor(s).
- Employees, including CCWA employees and CCWA contractors who work on Tyler's campuses; visitors; and contractors should contact Human Resources for guidance. Employees should also contact their supervisor.