Note: Announcement has been updated to correct study room information.
Students- We are excited to kick off the Spring 2022 semester next week, however, the start of the semester is going to be a bit different. Due to the current spread of COVID-19 and with the health and safety of you, our employees and the college community in mind, classes and services will primarily be remote from January 18 – 29. What does this mean?
With few exceptions and unless your instructor notifies you of other arrangements:
- On-campus classes: On-campus classes will be held remotely on their scheduled dates and times through Zoom.
- Hybrid classes: Any on-campus meeting dates scheduled between January 18 – 29 will happen remotely through Zoom.
- Virtual and Zoom Classes: There is no change to classes already scheduled to be virtual or taught on Zoom.
Please monitor your college email and your classes in Canvas for important updates from your instructors. Zoom links are expected to be posted on the first day of the scheduled class meeting.
- The college’s student services offices will continue to primarily offer remote support during the weekdays through January 29.
- There will be limited staff on campus, so students are strongly encouraged to access these services remotely for more efficient assistance.
- These offices will offer expanded hours the first few days of the semester. From January 18 – January 20, student services will be available 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. (Important note: Offices will only be offering services remotely from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. these days.)
NEED ACCESS TO A COMPUTER, THE INTERNET OR A QUIET PLACE TO WORK?
Students who need to use a computer, connect to the internet or need a quiet place to access their classes or college services, may use the following computer labs and classrooms Monday – Thursday from 7:45 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Moyar Hall, M211 (computer lab)
Moyar Hall, M115 (computer lab)
Moyar Hall, M136 (classroom)
Hamel Hall, H201 (computer lab)
Hamel Hall, H204 (computer lab)
Eliades, E113 (classroom)
The libraries at each campus will also be available during their open hours for student use.
- If you have questions about a specific class, contact your instructor.
- If you have other questions about the start of the semester, the college, signing up for spring classes, financial services, signing into myTyler or your classes, or college technology, contact our Help Hub.
I want to remind you that the college will be closed Monday, January 17, for the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday. Also, payment for 15w, 8w1, 5w1, and dynamic classes is due on or before January 18. Go to https://jtcc.edu/paying-for-tyler for more information. Have a great semester!
Students- Due to the current spread of COVID-19, the college’s student services offices will be open remotely on weekdays, from January 3-14, to assist students who are registering or paying for spring semester classes. At a minimum, virtual hours will be 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. with extended hours (until 7:00 p.m.) January 10-13.
Very limited staff will be available on each campus during this time period. So, for faster, better, and safer support, we strongly encourage students use our remote services. Students who need access to a computer or the internet may use the computer labs (M-F between 8 – 5) in Moyar Hall, M218 (Chester) or Hamel Hall, H204 (Midlothian).
As a reminder, classes start January 18!
To Register for Spring Classes: Log into the Student Information System (SIS) in myTyler. If you need additional class registration assistance, email Admissions and Records at email@example.com.
To Pay for Classes: Payment is due on or before January 18, or students WILL BE DROPPED from classes! Please plan accordingly. Students may pay for classes online with a credit or debit card by logging into SIS in myTyler and using the Enterprise system. Information about the college’s payment plan and other payment options may be found on the Pay Your Tuition section of the college’s website.
Support Services: Need technical support? Help with financial services? Advising? Have a question, but don’t know who to ask? Staff in our Help Hub are available to assist you.
Additional information about services available to students remotely will be sent early next week. We are glad you selected Tyler becoming Brightpoint for your spring courses. Happy New Year!
The safety and well-being of our students, employees and community are always a top priority for John Tyler Community College. The college has a Health and Safety Team in place that is closely monitoring and assessing reports and guidance provided by the Governor’s Office; the Virginia Community College System; the Virginia Department of Health; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; and other federal and state agencies and accrediting commissions. Using this guidance, the team is works with departments throughout Tyler to organize the college’s ongoing response to this rapidly evolving situation.
January 18 - 29, 2022
Spring Semester Classes and Student Services Primarily Offered Remotely
Due to the current spread of COVID-19 in our area, the college’s spring semester classes will begin remotely. Through January 29, classes scheduled to meet on-campus will be held through Zoom. The college’s student services offices will also continue to offer remote services on the weekdays during this timeframe. Very limited staff will be on campus, and students are encouraged to access services remotely. Students needing assistance may contact the Help Hub. Additional information may be found in our news story: College to Begin Spring Semester Remotely.
For the safety of our college community:
Those who come to campus should follow the college’s safety protocols, which currently include wearing a mask while indoors on campus.
Please do not come to campus if you:
- Are ill, regardless of symptoms
- Have symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results
- Have recently been diagnosed with COVID-19
- Have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
If you meet any of the above criteria:
- Students, including those enrolled in CCWA courses taught on Tyler's campuses, should contact the Dean of Students Office for guidance, and contact your instructor(s).
- Employees, including CCWA employees and CCWA contractors who work on Tyler's campuses; visitors; and contractors should contact Human Resources for guidance. Employees should also contact their supervisor.
Announcements and Updates
Spring Semester to Begin Remotely
Due to the current spread of COVID-19 in our area, the college’s spring semester classes will begin remotely. Through January 29, classes scheduled to meet on-campus will be held through Zoom. The college’s student services offices will also continue to offer remote services on the weekdays during this timeframe. Very limited staff will be on campus, and students are encouraged to access services remotely. Students needing assistance may contact the Help Hub. Learn more.