A Place That Changes Lives
At Tyler, we spend each and every day helping our students reach their goals. It’s not just what we do, it’s who we are.
Reaching Out to Legislators
Each year during the General Assembly’s regular session, Tyler students meet with some of the legislators who serve our service region. During those meetings, our students share their stories and discuss how Tyler impacts their lives and benefits the community.
How Can You Help?
- Communicate with members of the General Assembly who represent your locality. To find your legislators and their contact information, please visit the Virginia General Assembly home page, and click on “Who’s My Legislator” (at the top of the page).
- Email Holly Walker if you would like to join the college delegation on future trips to the Virginia General Assembly.
John Tyler Community College supports the Growth4VA campaign, which was launched by the Virginia Business Higher Education Council "to promote reform and reinvestment in Virginia's top-ranked higher education system."
The Growth4VA coalition will work to:
- Make Virginia the top state for workforce talent.
- Make Virginia known as the home of innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Prepare Virginians for great jobs and great lives.
- Provide all Virginians with affordable access to education.
Learn more about Growth4VA.
Closed July 1-4 & Web Changes Underway
The college will be closed July 1 – 4 for the Independence Day Holiday.
While the college is closed, current students may continue to register online for summer and for fall classes by logging into the Student Information System in myTyler/myBrightpoint.
New students, who are ready to the apply to the college, are encouraged to visit our Get Started page, which provides guidance and a link to or online application.