Area Emergency Coordinators (AECs)
JTCC has individuals designed as Area Emergency Coordinators (AECs) for each academic and administrative building on all campuses. This position was developed in collaboration with Safety to comply with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.38, the AECs at a minimum include assisting with the below:
- Reporting a fire or other emergency;
- Assisting with emergency evacuations, before & after onset of critical operations, including type of evacuation and exit route assignments;
- Assisting with providing accountability for building occupants after an evacuation;
- Assisting with providing direction reference sheltering in place;
- Assisting with medical notifications and rescue duties.
Interested in the Area Emergency Coordinator Program? Contact the Security Services Manager, Thomas Kearns at email@example.com.