Nursing Program Eligibility and Application
In addition to the College general admission requirements, applicants to the nursing program must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older by the start date of the first nursing course.
- Be enrolled as a JTCC student.
- Have completed all required placement testing.
- Have met with an adviser for curriculum placement and initial course planning.
- Have submitted official transcripts from each school or college attended.
- Have completed or is currently enrolled in the five prerequisite courses for nursing. Students must earn at least a C in each course and have a cumulative prerequisite GPA of at least 2.5.
- ENG 111
- MTH 154
- PSY 230
- SDV 100
- BIO 141
BIO 141 course requires successful completion of NAS 2 or BIO 100 and must be completed within 10 years of application.
- Have attended a Nursing Information Session.
- Have completed the current version of the ATI TEAS with a category result of Proficient or Advanced.
- Completed the Advising Checklist and obtained faculty adviser signature.
- Complete the Nursing Program Application during the application months of February for fall admission or September for Spring admission.
Closed July 1-4 & Web Changes Underway
The college will be closed July 1 – 4 for the Independence Day Holiday.
While the college is closed, current students may continue to register online for summer and for fall classes by logging into the Student Information System in myTyler/myBrightpoint.
New students, who are ready to the apply to the college, are encouraged to visit our Get Started page, which provides guidance and a link to or online application.