Shared Services Distance Learning
John Tyler has expanded options for distance learning courses by offering students the opportunity to enroll in Shared Services Distance Learning (SSDL) courses through Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA). Delivered via Canvas, SSDL courses are online courses that can be taken any place where consistent internet connection is available.
Students can register for SSDL classes via the myTyler portal along with any other JTCC courses. After registration, students should contact Joanne Wallin, John Tyler's SSDL Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about their courses. All SSDL courses require proctored exams. Students will be able to purchase textbooks from the John Tyler Community College Bookstore.
Any student who enrolls in SSDL courses will have access to all of the student support services provided by John Tyler Community College and Northern Virginia Community College. These services include:
- myTyler (Canvas, Student Information System, student e-mail)
- Test proctoring at a John Tyler Testing Center, at a NOVA Testing Center, or at other approved sites
- Access to JTCC's student services and NOVA's student services
- 24/7 Help Desk supported by NOVA (restricted to SSDL students only)
- ELife, the NOVA ELI student blog
- Support from the John Tyler SSDL Liaison, Joanne Wallin, at email@example.com or 804-897-4171
Get More Information:
Joanne Wallin, SSDL Liaison