Virginia Two-Year Transfer Grants
Eligible Tyler graduates can receive up to $3,000 annually for continuing their education at a four-year college through the Virginia Two-Year College Transfer Grant.
- Have earned an associate degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Transfer to a participating four-year from Tyler or another Virginia community college
- Meet certain financial aid criteria such as Virginia residency, estimated family contribution below $12,000 and submitted FAFSA
- Be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student
- Maximum standard annual award is $1,000.
- Students enrolled into a degree program in engineering, mathematics, nursing, teaching, or science qualify for an additional $1,000.
- Students enrolled at Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, Radford University, the University of Virginia at Wise, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia State University may qualify for an additional $1,000.
Tyler will email eligible students the instructions for applying for the grant.
All potential grant recipients must:
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA by the four-year institution’s deadline.
- Submit their grant application to the financial aid office at their chosen four-year institution.
- Submit a final academic transcript to their four-year institution as soon as their associate degree is posted.
Learn more about the Transfer Grant on SCHEV’s Two-Year College Transfer web page.