Virginia Two-Year Transfer Grants
Eligible Tyler graduates can receive up to $3,000 annually for continuing their education at a four-year college through the Virginia Two-Year College Transfer Grant.
- Have earned an associate degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Transfer to a participating four-year from Tyler or another Virginia community college
- Meet certain financial aid criteria such as Virginia residency, estimated family contribution below $12,000 and submitted FAFSA
- Be enrolled as a full-time, undergraduate student
- Maximum standard annual award is $1,000.
- Students enrolled into a degree program in engineering, mathematics, nursing, teaching, or science qualify for an additional $1,000.
- Students enrolled at Norfolk State University, Old Dominion University, Radford University, the University of Virginia at Wise, Virginia Commonwealth University, and Virginia State University may qualify for an additional $1,000.
Tyler will email eligible students the instructions for applying for the grant.
All potential grant recipients must:
- Apply for financial aid by completing the FAFSA by the four-year institution’s deadline.
- Submit their grant application to the financial aid office at their chosen four-year institution.
- Submit a final academic transcript to their four-year institution as soon as their associate degree is posted.
Learn more about the Transfer Grant on SCHEV’s Two-Year College Transfer web page.
Closed July 1-4 & Web Changes Underway
The college will be closed July 1 – 4 for the Independence Day Holiday.
While the college is closed, current students may continue to register online for summer and for fall classes by logging into the Student Information System in myTyler/myBrightpoint.
New students, who are ready to the apply to the college, are encouraged to visit our Get Started page, which provides guidance and a link to or online application.