It is getting to be crunch time for papers, projects and presentations. Knowledgeable students turn to the library for serious researching. Here are some resources where you can get the most for your studying efforts.
1. QuickSearch: The all-in-one search feature. Use it to find books, both print and digital, articles and DVDs.
2. Academic Search Complete: The mega-database that has hundreds of journals and thousands of articles in many subject areas. Take advantage of the limiters that can help you narrow and focus your search.
3. Films on Demand: Who doesn’t want to watch a movie? This streaming service has video on everything from anthropology to world languages.
4. “Cite this article”: When it comes time to compose your Works Cited or References page you will be glad you used library resources! All library resources have citation help in both MLA and APA formats.
5. Workshops: Want to learn more about databases, formatting papers, plagiarism, or just find something fun to read? Come to a library workshop! They are also good for SDV activity credit.
6. Ask-a-Librarian: At 1:00 AM who are you going to call? When the library is closed log in to this 24/7 chat service to get fast, friendly help from a librarian.
7. And last–Library staff: We really, really want to help students succeed!