Fall semester registration began on Monday, June 8. With 100+ computers the library is a great place to sign up for classes. While you are here to register for classes why not register for a library card? To get a library card show your picture ID with name and address (a driver’s license is perfect) and fill out a registration card. It will take only a few minutes and then you can check out some great summer reads!
Some recent titles from The New York Times bestseller list now available at the John Tyler Libraries:
- Inferno (Dan Brown) In Florence, Italy, Robert Langdon must decipher a series of codes created by a Dante-loving scientist.
- And the Mountains Echoed (Khaled Hosseini) A multigenerational family saga centers on a brother and sister born in Afghanistan.
- World War Z (Max Brooks) An “oral history” of an imagined Zombie War that nearly destroys civilization. Also available in e-audio from Overdrive.
- Lean In (Sheryl Sandberg) The chief operating officer of Facebook urges women to pursue their careers without ambivalence.
- Lets Explore Diabetes with Owls (David Sedaris) Essays from the humorist on subjects like French dentistry and a North Carolina Costco.
- American Gun (Chris Kyle) Kyle, a former member of the Navy SEALs who was shot to death in Texas in February, tells how 10 firearms changed United States history.
Annotations from The New York Times for the week of July 14, 2013.