Sometimes, school is hard.
Then, sometimes, life is hard.
And when they’re both hard, it can be challenging to know what to do next.
The library is committed to helping you make it through the school year by offering you our varied services online. But this post is about life-stuff, not school-stuff.
Here are vital resources for you during this challenging season:
Internet Access Options:
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Altice USA is offering Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within their footprint
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers at this date, but following the FCC agreement
Unemployment Filing Directions – you can now file 1 day after being laid off or getting your hours cut
Unemployment Filing Site – make sure you are on the actual government site and not a scam site!
Virginia Chamber of Commerce Update Page – includes extension dates for businesses filing taxes
More Resources gathered by JTCC Library – https://jtcc.libguides.com/COVID-19