Need to find current reporting, information on breaking events, or business reviews? The Tyler Libraries have NEWS for you! All students and staff now have access to the New York Times online! The subscription includes access to all current articles as well as archived materials.
To access the NYTimes online, you will need to register an account using your myTyler or John Tyler staff email. This registration process will also provide access to the NYTimes app for mobile use. To register for this service, please use the following instructions:
- Navigate to accessnyt.com
- Search for / John Tyler Community College
- Click “Go”(you will need to log in with your myTyler username and password if working off-campus)
You will be redirected to the NYT welcome page.
- Click “Create Account” and complete registration fields
- Once completed, you may navigate directly to nytimes.com from any web-enabled device.
When you have registered your account, you can use this information to log into the NYTime mobile app.
The NYT inEducation site also includes tons of resources for both instructors and students to use! To use the inEducation site, you must register separately from the regular NYT online access. To use the inEducation site, please visit https://nytimesineducation.com/welcome/ and create an account to access the resources and materials available. inEducation includes:
- Current subject articles
- Articles by subject area recommended by NYTimes faculty
- Topic finders/suggestions
- Instructional strategies
- Additional resources such as newsletters and podcasts
Want to learn more about the New York Times and the resources available? Stop by the Midlothian library on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 2:30 p.m. for a workshop highlighting the new materials available from NYT.
If you have any questions or technical issues with accessing the NYTimes online, please contact Molli Gonzalez at the Tyler Libraries- firstname.lastname@example.org.