The Chester library is currently accepting applications for Student Assistants for the fall 2017 and spring 2018 semesters. To complete an application, please visit the Chester campus library (Moyar Hall, M216). The library is looking to fill the following hours (based on availability and class schedule):
- Weekday mornings, afternoons, and evenings
- Saturdays (alternating)
Eligible applicants must be enrolled at John Tyler Community College. Please include a copy of your class schedule when applying.
Student Assistants are responsible for the following:
- Working at the information desk with a library staff member; checking books in and out; sensitize & desensitize books.
- Enter patron ID information in library circulation database; answer general library policy questions.
- Removing materials from the book drops.
- Shelving books, magazines and newspapers (some lifting and bending).
- Straightening magazines and placing back issues in order.
- Straightening books while shelving.
- Helping patrons with the pay-to-print system and general technology questions.
- Restock printing paper in supply cabinet and fill printers with paper.
- Shelf Reading to ensure proper order of library collections.
Student can expect to work 10-20 hours per week. Shift lengths average 4-6 hours (approximately 3-5 shifts per week).
Please contact the Chester library for questions! firstname.lastname@example.org