The Midlothian library is currently seeking applicants for Student Assistants during the fall 2016 semester. Student Assistants help library staff with general questions such as:
- Printing and general computer questions
- Email, Blackboard, or general myTyler questions
- Checking library materials in and out for patrons
In addition to helping at the information desk, Student Assistants also shelve library books and shelf-read for organization.
The following hours represent a typical schedule worked by Student Assistants:
- Weekday mornings (Monday – Friday) 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- Weekday evenings (Monday – Thursday) 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Rotating Saturdays 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Interested students are encouraged to visit the Midlothian library to complete an application. To be considered, applicants must be enrolled in fall 2016 classes. Student Assistants must maintain enrollment to qualify for employment. Please contact the Midlothian library at 594-1519 with questions about this position or the requirements.