Welcome to John Tyler Community College Libraries, new and returning students. As you get started this semester, we are here to help. We can teach you how to use the printing system and direct you to the right building for your class. Need help finding materials for class projects? Just stop by the Information Desk and we will do our best to help you locate materials.
Here are some quick tips for the start of the semester:
- You will need a student ID card. You can get one for free in the Office of Student Activities (Hamel Hall, Room H103 at Midlothian & Nicholas Student Center, Room N103 at Chester).
- Your student ID card is also your library card and a vital part of the printing process. Stop by the Information Desk with your ID card to quickly set up your library card account.
- Books can be checked out for 4 weeks.
- Academic books can be renewed 1 time but popular books (anything marked with a green, blue, purple, or red sticker) cannot be renewed. Be sure to return those on time to avoid late fees.
- The library has several books on reserve. These textbooks are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Most cannot be taken from the library. Just ask a librarian to check if your course textbook is available on reserve.
- Study Rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis at both libraries. Please stop by the front desk to sign in.