Tyler Libraries can borrow Interlibrary Loan materials from other libraries for your use.
Users can place a request with our Interlibrary Loan Request form. However, please be aware this process may delayed due to quarantine of material time and processing by other institutions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We encourage students and staff to seek digital items if possible. Please feel free to ask a librarian for help in acquiring digital resources with our Ask-A-Librarian service or make an appointment with our Research Help form. Please email us with questions about alternative ILL options for print materials.
General ILL Guidelines
Need an article not in the databases? Found the perfect book….at another library? Tyler Libraries can borrow items from libraries across the country through Interlibrary Loan. This service is available for current college students, faculty and staff.
Interlibrary Loan materials will be shipped to the Library, where users can pick them up and return them. It may take up to two weeks to process; however, requests generally arrive within seven days.
- Please provide as much information (title, author, date, ISBN, etc.) as possible about the item needed. Library team members can assist with locating materials.
- Items will be available at the campus where the request was submitted.
- Users must return the item or request a renewal before the due date. However, the lending library may decline the renewal request and may recall their items at any time.
- Users are responsible for the costs of lost or damaged interlibrary loan materials.
- Request articles individually. Libraries do not loan complete issues of journals or magazines.
In addition to these policies, the Library follows the National Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States (1994, revised in 2001), Copyright Law, Title 17, U.S. Code, the Virginia Interlibrary Loan Code of 1989, and the Virtual Library of Virginia Interlibrary Loan Guidelines of June 2004.