Cisco Network CSC
Career Studies Certificate (CSC)
C Career & technical education programs for job training = Career & technical education programs for job training, guided by Advisory Committees
This program is designed to prepare individuals for employment in the computer networking field.
Program Requirements and Special Conditions
Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
|Required Courses||CR.||Pre-requisite Courses||Approved Course Substitutions|
|ITE 115 Introduction to Computer Applications and Concepts||3||See Note 1|
|ITN 101 Introduction to Network Concepts||3|
|ITN 154 Networking Fundamentals-Cisco Offered Fall Only||4|
|ITN 155 Introductory Routing-Cisco Offered Fall Only||3|
|ITN 156 Basic Switching and Routing-Cisco Offered Spring Only||3|
|ITN 157 WAN Technologies-Cisco Offered Spring Only||3|
|ITE 290 Coordinated Internship Offered Spring Only||1||See Note 2|
|Total Minimum Credits to Complete||20|
- Students with good computer skills may seek to satisfy this requirement by CLEP or internal exam.
- ITE 290 represents a one-credit internship that will focus on student’s particular track. Students must have completed all coursework or be concurrently completing coursework in present semester for graduation with advisor’s approval.
- All information technology courses must be completed within five years of student’s intended graduation date.
- Credit for prior certifications may be granted. See faculty advisor for details.
- Students should regularly meet with their faculty advisor and check their advisement report in MyTyler – SIS.
- Courses noted as Fall only or Spring only are based on historical trends and current planning and may change without notice.
Your Right to Know
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia requires colleges to provide information on graduation rates. The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to publish gainful employment consumer information for career/technical programs.