Computer Applications CSC
The template below is for students declaring a major for the catalog year 2018-19. The Advising Sheet Archive contains printable advising sheets for the catalog years 2016-17, 2017-18, and 2018-19. Students already with a declared major should view their advising report in SIS for appropriate course selection.
Career Studies Certificate (CSC)
C Career & technical education programs for job training = Career & technical education programs for job training, guided by Advisory Committees
Prepares students for entry-level positions in Web and database microcomputer applications.
Program Requirements and Special Conditions
Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
|Required Courses||CR.||Pre-requisite Courses||Approved Course Substitutions|
|ITE 115 Introduction to Computer Applications and Concepts||3||See Note 1|
|ITE 215 Advanced Computer Applications and Integration||3||ITE 115|
|ITE 130 Introduction to Internet Services||3|
|ITE 140 Spreadsheet Software I||3||Co-requisite or Pre-requisite: ITE 115||ITE 150|
|ITD 110 Web Page Design I Offered Fall and Summer Only||3||Co-requisite or Pre-requisite: ITE 130|
|ITD 210 Web Page Design II Offered Spring Only||3||ITD 110|
|ITD 136 Database Database Management Software Offered Fall Only||3||ITE 115|
|ITD 132 Structured Query Design Offered Spring Only||3||Co-requisite or Pre-requisite: ITE 215|
|ITE 290 Coordinated Internship Offered Spring Only||1||See Note 6|
|Total Minimum Credits to Complete||25|
- Students with good computer skills may seek to satisfy this requirement by CLEP or internal exam.
- All information technology courses must be completed within five years of student’s intended graduation date.
- Students should regularly meet with their faculty advisor and check their advisement report in MyTyler – SIS.
- Courses noted as Fall only or Spring only are based on historical trends and current planning and may change without notice.
- Credit for prior certifications may be granted. See faculty advisor for details.
- Students must have completed all coursework or be concurrently completing coursework in present semester for graduation with advisor’s approval.
Your Right to Know
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia requires colleges to provide information on graduation rates. The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to publish gainful employment consumer information for career/technical programs.