Information Systems AS
Associate of Science (AS)
This program is intended to provide the student with a general course of study that parallels the freshman and sophomore years at some colleges and universities and prepares the student for a baccalaureate degree program in information systems, management information systems, information technology, or business.
Program Requirements and Special Conditions
Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. Students may need to complete placement tests in English and mathematics. Visit www.jtcc.edu/placement for all course placement options. If students have deficiencies in English and/or mathematics, JTCC offers developmental and prerequisite courses to prepare students for the curriculum. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
- Students are strongly encouraged to complete their SDV, ENG, and MTH requirements first.
- All information technology courses must be completed within five years of a student’s intended graduation date.
- The humanities elective requirement must be satisfied by completing one 3-credit conceptual humanities course. See https://www.jtcc.edu/humanitieselectives for a list of approved conceptual and applied humanities electives.
- Students should consult their faculty advisors about math requirements at their intended transfer institution.
- Students with good computer skills may seek to satisfy this requirement by CLEP or internal exam.
- Students should regularly meet with their faculty advisor and check their advisement report in MyTyler – SIS.
- Courses noted as Fall only or Spring only are based on historical trends and current planning and may change without notice.
Your Right to Know
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia requires colleges to provide information on graduation rates. The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to publish gainful employment consumer information for career/technical programs.