Program Development CSC
Career Studies Certificate (CSC)
C Career & technical education programs for job training = Career & technical education programs for job training, guided by Advisory Committees
Prepare students for entry level positions in computer programming.
Program Requirements and Special Conditions
Students must meet JTCC admission requirements. New students should visit the Advising Center and returning students their faculty advisor for more information.
|Required Courses||CR.||Pre-requisite Courses||Approved Course Substitutions|
|ITE 115 Introduction to Computer Applications and Concepts||3||See Note 1|
|ITE 215 Advanced Computer Applications and Integration||3||ITE 115|
|ITP 100 Software Design||3|
|ITP 136 C# Programming I||3||Co or Pre: ITP 100|
|ITP 120 Java Programming Offered Fall Only||3||Co or Pre: ITP 100|
|ITP 160 Introduction to Game Design and Development Offered Spring Only||3||ITE 115|
|ITP 220 Java Programming II Offered Spring Only||3||ITP 120|
|ITP 251 Systems Analysis and Design||3||ITP 100|
|ITE 290 Coordinated Internship Offered Spring Only||1||See Note 3|
|Total Minimum Credits to Complete||25|
- Students with good computer skills may seek to satisfy this requirement by CLEP or internal exam.
- All information technology courses must be completed within five years of student’s intended graduation date.
- ITE 290 represents a one-credit internship that will focus on student’s particular track. Students must have completed all coursework or be concurrently completing coursework in present semester for graduation with advisor’s approval.
- Students should regularly meet with their faculty advisor and check their advisement report in MyTyler – SIS.
- Courses noted as Fall only or Spring only are based on historical trends and current planning and may change without notice.
Your Right to Know
The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia requires colleges to provide information on graduation rates. The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to publish gainful employment consumer information for career/technical programs.