G3: An Affordable Pathway to an In-Demand Career
Tyler is excited to offer G3, a new state-supported scholarship program designed to help students pay for college while getting the education and training they need for a career in a high-demand field.
Training is available in early childhood education; healthcare; information technology; manufacturing and skilled trades; and public safety and human services. Students interested in receiving G3 support must meet eligibility requirements and must be enrolled in a G3-approved major. Financial assistance provided through G3 is last-dollar, which means, for eligible students, G3 will cover any remaining tuition and fees not paid for by federal or state financial aid or by scholarships.
G3 is available to any Virginia resident who:
- Qualifies for in-state tuition
- Has a total household income of less than or equal to 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (roughly an income of $100,000 for a family of four)
- Is enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours at a Virginia community college
- Is enrolled in a designated G3 program and
- Has applied for federal and/or state financial aid programs
New and current students looking for more information about G3 should complete our interest form, and a member of our advising team will contact you to talk about your next steps.
For more details about G3 at Tyler, including a full list of G3-approved academic and workforce programs, visit jtcc.edu/g3.