Tyler Launches New Website Designed With Students in Mind
After 18 months of work, Tyler’s website is getting a new look on June 29.
The new jtcc.edu was designed with the needs of our prospective and current students in mind and features:
- A searchable major finder, which allows users to explore the 75+ degrees Tyler offers
- Customized landing pages for future students, current students, alumni, and faculty and staff
- Streamlined navigation for ease of use
- Improved search results, both on the site and on Google
- A mobile-friendly, responsive design that will function on all types of devices
- Tyler’s website was last redesigned in 2014.
- It took over 6,000 hours, more than 2,500 cups of caffeine, and too much chocolate to track, to build the site.
- We’ve reviewed all our content and simplified the number of core pages in areas like Admissions, Academics and Paying for Tyler from 480 to 313- that's a reduction of 35 percent.
- The majority of the site build was completed virtually due to the pandemic.
- The site was a college-wide effort, with more than 50 faculty and staff members contributing to its development.
Tell Us What You Think!
We hope you enjoy using the new jtcc.edu. Your feedback is important as we work to provide a website that meets the needs of our students. Share your questions and comments with us by email at email@example.com.
Spring Semester to Begin Remotely
Due to the current spread of COVID-19 in our area, the college’s spring semester classes will begin remotely. Through January 29, classes scheduled to meet on-campus will be held through Zoom. The college’s student services offices will also continue to offer remote services on the weekdays during this timeframe. Very limited staff will be on campus, and students are encouraged to access services remotely. Students needing assistance may contact the Help Hub. Learn more.