The Advising Centers
We are here to assist you!
While Tyler's campuses are closed to the public, students can leave a message at 804-706-5224 (Chester), 804-594-1558 (Midlothian) and an advisor will return the call within 24 hours. Advisors are available to assist by email at email@example.com. If you have applied to Tyler or are a current student and have a student id number/emplid, please include that in your message or email. Students can also call or email to arrange a video conference with advisors using ZOOM, if they prefer.
John Tyler Community College (JTCC) Advising Centers have academic/career advisors and professional counselors to assist you with educational, career and life planning.
Advising Center staff provide:
- Academic advising, primarily for first semester and undeclared students
- Assistance with changing or declaring a major
- Information on transferring
- Placement test results interpretation
- Guidance on academic policies and procedures
- Assignment of faculty advisors
- Career and life skills workshops throughout the semester, such as:
- Time management
- Stress management
- Test taking
- Critical thinking skills
- Community resource referrals
Moyar Hall, Room M107
13101 Jefferson Davis Highway
Chester, Virginia 23831
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
T Building, Room T115
800 Charter Colony Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23114
Monday – Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.