John Tyler Community College offers students a variety of tools and resources in the area of technology including:
- myTyler: custom web portal providing students with access to Blackboard, Gmail, the Student Information System (SIS) and more
- Microsoft Office: download the Microsoft Office suite and gain access to Office365 (free)
- Norton Antivirus: protect your computer by downloading a free copy of Symantec Antivirus
- Additional Technology Resources
myTyler is a secure web portal providing access to the various web-based applications designed to help you throughout your college career. These applications include:
- Student Information System (SIS)
- Virginia Education Wizard
- Library Services
Your JTCC Welcome Packet includes a card providing you with login credentials to this secure web portal.
|Access My Tyler||Identify ways to access the JTCC MyTyler web portal|
All active students, have free access to the Microsoft Office suite as well as Office365. This free collection of applications allows you to download the Microsoft Office suite to your machine at no cost.
Additionally, you may use the cloud-based version of Microsoft Office - Office365.
- Visit http://office.vccs.edu
- Use your full student email address as your username, and your student password to log into the site and access the download. (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: If you cannot log in, please try changing your password and waiting 20 minutes. Do NOT use the Office365 "Forgot your password" tool.
- You must be a current student.
- Your desktop/laptop must be running a minimum of either Windows 7 or Windows 8 in order for Office 365 to install.
- You can install the product on up to 5 devices at a time.
In order to install Office 365 on your mobile device(s), you will need to go to the appropriate app store and download 'Office Mobile for Office 365'. This should be a free download.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact your support desk.
All active students, have free access to Norton Antivirus products. This application is designed to protect your computer against computer viruses, which may interfere with the regular functioning of your machine.
Submit the license agreement, to begin the download process.
Additional Technology Resources
These hand-picked resources are available to help you with your basic technology needs. Here, you will be able to find resources such as free typing tutorials, basic computer glossaries, tutorials, videos and more.
Get More Information:
Center for Teaching and Learning
T-Building, Suite 201