Kurzweil 3000 Educational Technology
Tyler offers all students the opportunity to access Kurzweil 3000, an educational technology that provides reading assistance, comprehension support, and support for improving writing and test-taking skills.
What does Kurzweil do?
- Assists users in reading volumes of text including a variety of text-analyzing tools such as—
- 31 natural text-to-speech voices
- 18 languages available for text-to-speech
- a customizable reading rate/presentation
- the ability to create MP3 files of readings, and much more
- Utilizes a talking calculator that will read-aloud basic math as well as the ability to close the software and resume reading exactly on the page a user/student finished on upon re-opening the software.
- Offers many dictionaries with one-click access to American Heritage dictionaries, picture dictionaries, and a talking dictionary.
- Provides a variety of note tools including sticky and voice notes as well as bookmark tools.
- Allows users to translate words and/or full passages in up to 70+ different languages.
- Provides users with a writing path that supports writing from beginning to end, a space for mapping ideas with brainstorms and graphic organizers, and the tools to create writing template outlines.
- Similar to the capabilities of many phones and other typing devices, Kurzweil 3000 is also equipped with word prediction, as well as spell-checking and speech-to-text tools.
- Kurzweil 3000 can create a test/assignment using a Test-Prep toolbar and also lock features of the software to allow for a more realistic examination environment. Users/Students can create assignments, essays, multiple-choice, short answer, and even true/false testable questions.
Note that where it says, “External ID” put in your Student ID#. Once you entered your information you will be given a username and a password.
These videos offer an overview of the basic features in Kurzweil3000.com.