Military Resources and Services
Tyler offers support services to military-affiliated students, including:
- Veterans Support Center, Moyar Hall on the Chester Campus
- Tutoring in the Academic Resource Center
- Disability Support Services
- Career Services
- Student Veterans Organization
The following links may also be helpful to military-affiliated students. These links are for information and educational purposes only and do not imply an endorsement of the views, information, or products provided or held by such web sites.
- Veterans Affairs Tutorial Assistance: Available to help you pay for tutoring necessary to advance your education.
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services: Services for veterans in the Commonwealth.
- PTSD Mobile App: Learn about and manage symptoms that often occur after trauma.
- PTSD Coach Online: Self-help tools that build coping skills for symptoms that often occur after trauma.
- Military OneSource: A no-cost and confidential Department of Defense-funded program providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life.
- After Deployment: Wellness resources for the military community.
- The Veterans Crisis Line connects veterans in crisis and their families and friends with qualified, caring Department of Veterans Affairs responders through a confidential toll-free hotline, online chat, or text. Support for deaf and hard of hearing individuals is also available.
- Virginia Values Veterans V3 Program: Bringing veterans and employers together across the Commonwealth.
- Veteran’s Career Finder: Find a civilian career that uses your military experience.
- Veterans Job Seeker on LinkedIn: Free one-year subscription.
- Wounded Warrior National Resource Directory: Connecting wounded warriors, service members, veterans, their families and caregivers to those who support them.
- S.A.L.U.T.E: Veterans National Honor Society.
- National Association of Veterans Upward Bound: A professional association for veterans dedicated to fully developing the personal potential of all U.S. military veterans.
- Petersburg Freedom Support Center: A highly collaborative, public-private sponsored one-stop service hub for active, reserve and National Guard service members, their families and our veterans.
- Paying for College: Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: Make informed financial decisions about how to pay for college.
- Post 9/11 GI Bill Information Handouts.
- Housing Rates (BAH) VA Pays at the E-5 w/dependent rate, zip code 23831 (Post 9/11, Ch. 33 recipients ONLY and is based on rate-of-pursuit eligibility percentage).
- Request Military Transcripts