Do you love Tyler? Are you its biggest cheerleader?
Share your Trailblazer pride by becoming a student ambassador!
The Student Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for Tyler students who are interested in representing John Tyler Community College. Student ambassadors give campus tours; assist prospective and new students; and support various college events, including Open House and New Student Orientation.
- Becomes an expert on all things Tyler to share with others.
- Represents Tyler at college events.
- Conducts campus tours for prospective students, new students, high school groups, and other guests.
- Provides tips on being a successful student.
- Assists with a variety of office-related tasks to support the Office of Student Engagement.
- Supports student success initiatives.
- By helping prospective Tyler students and parents learn more about the college, student ambassadors develop a wide range of skills, such as problem solving and communication, that can help them build their resumes and succeed in the professional world.
- Student ambassadors become connected with campus leadership and fellow student leaders and may have the opportunity to serve on college committees and take trips representing the college.
- This is a paid position ($9.50/hour) with flexible hours.
- Student ambassadors must be registered for at least one class at Tyler per semester; it is preferred that they take at least six credits in the fall and spring semesters.
- Student ambassadors work between 6 and 15 hours a week (outside of their Tyler classes).
- They are required to work events that occur during Tyler’s holiday breaks and before each semester begins.
- It is preferred that student ambassador applicants have at least two semesters remaining at Tyler and have successfully completed one semester when applying.
- It is preferred that student ambassador applicants have at least a 3.0 GPA during their time at Tyler.
Prospective students and their parents would love the chance to hear directly from you about your Tyler experience.
Interested in joining our team?
Complete an application. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Closed July 1-4 & Web Changes Underway
The college will be closed July 1 – 4 for the Independence Day Holiday.
While the college is closed, current students may continue to register online for summer and for fall classes by logging into the Student Information System in myTyler/myBrightpoint.
New students, who are ready to the apply to the college, are encouraged to visit our Get Started page, which provides guidance and a link to or online application.