Tutoring in the Academic Resource Center
Tyler’s Academic Resource Center (ARC) provides tutoring support for students in a wide variety of subjects, including writing, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), business, and study skills/tech help. Tutoring is free for all Tyler students and there is no limit to the number of tutoring sessions each semester.
Online Tutoring on Zoom
Drop-In Tutoring is available in the Virtual ARC via Zoom Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tutoring is offered on a wide variety of subjects, including Writing, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Business, study skills & planning, and more!
Use Drop-In Tutoring to have a focused session with a tutor, or keep it pulled up in the background while you study and ask questions when you get stuck.
Make sure you are logged into your myTyler before clicking into the Zoom session.
If you are looking for tutoring in a specific course, please take a look at our Course Proficiencies Schedule to see when we have tutors available for your specific class. If you need help with something you don't see on the list, feel free to email us.
Events and Workshops
Friday, January 28, 2022
- TEAS Reading Comprehension Workshop 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Intro to Excel for Science Classes Workshop 2:00pm - 3:00pm Online
Friday, February 4, 2022
- Style Guides: MLA 9 and APA 7 10:00am - 11:00am Online
Friday, February 4, 2022
- TEAS Science Workshop 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Intro to Programming Logic Workshop 2:00pm - 3:00pm Online
Friday, February 11, 2022
- TEAS English Language Workshop 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Friday, February 18, 2022
- TEAS Math Workshop 11:00am - 12:00pm Online
Friday, February 25, 2022
- Thesis Statements 10:00am - 11:00am Online
Saturday, March 5, 2022
- Intro to Excel for Statistics Classes Workshop 2:00pm - 3:00pm Online
Friday, March 11, 2022
- Annotated Bibliographies 10:00am - 11:00am Online
Friday, April 8, 2022
- Summary vs Analysis 10:00am - 11:00am Online
Spring Semester to Begin Remotely
Due to the current spread of COVID-19 in our area, the college’s spring semester classes will begin remotely. Through January 29, classes scheduled to meet on-campus will be held through Zoom. The college’s student services offices will also continue to offer remote services on the weekdays during this timeframe. Very limited staff will be on campus, and students are encouraged to access services remotely. Students needing assistance may contact the Help Hub. Learn more.